Dirt Day, Part 2

Sooo tired. Sadly these pictures really don’t fully convey the amount of work Paul and I did today. I need a better camera. Anyway, here they are:

First off, here is the really awesome tool I found in the shed which I used to drill drain holes in the bottoms of the wine barrel planters. Is that steam punk or what?


Here’s one of my wine barrel planters before weedeating. You can’t even see the raised bed next to it:


Here’s how it looked after weeding and new soil put in.

And here are the raised beds, after major weeding and putting fresh new soil in.


Ok, that’s it for today. I’m going to take a shower and go into town to have a glass of wine with my friend Megan.

Tomorrow I will plant the tomato seedlings and do some bee work.

4 thoughts on “Dirt Day, Part 2

  1. I’m plotting and scheming a really big garden area on the hillside between Wayne’s driveway and ours. Get ready for some hardcore tilling and planting when you guys get up here! (next spring)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s