So I’ve been sitting on this award for a few days but yay! I was nominated for a blog award.
A very big thank you to Farm Girl in Training for the nomination!
You probably know that the award comes with a few requirements. Here they are:
1. Link the award to the person who gave it to me.
2. Answer questions about myself.
3. Nominate 10 bloggers for this award, and link my nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award.
1. Favorite number: Kind of a silly question, and to be honest, I don’t really have one. I’ve never felt much affinity for the world of numbers in general, however, if forced to choose I guess I would pick 74.
2. Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Coffee, milk, no sugar. That or plain fizzy water, which I am totally addicted to thanks to a Sodastream machine Christmas present.
3. Favorite animal: I’m an all around animal lover, but when it comes to dogs and cats and such, I mostly love MY dog and cat, not ALL dogs and cats. The category of animal I love no matter who it belongs to would be horses. Hands down.
4. Facebook or Twitter? I guess Facebook, since I don’t really even understand what Twitter is.
5. My passion: Cooking is number 1, closely followed by working on my homestead.
6. Favorite day of the week: I do love Fridays in the summertime because if I have friends from the city coming to visit me for the weekend, that’s when they get here.
7. Favorite flower: Easy, lupine. Wild purple lupine that grow on my ranch.
It was very hard to choose nominees because there are many blogs out there I have come across that are worth noting, on the other hand, I know there are so many other great ones I still haven’t found. So this is really more of a sampling than an exhaustive list:
- http://soilentgreens.wordpress.com/ – hilarious, awesome, irreverent organic farming
- http://soulsbyfarm.wordpress.com/ – the happy progress of a young family farm in Ohio
- http://morgaineotm.wordpress.com/ – organic farming in Arizona, I like this blog because I, too, live in a hot dry climate where growing is difficult
- http://thegreenhorns.wordpress.com/ – the greenhorns blog, a must if you are a young farming nerd who wants to stay up to date with the young farming nerd community. Glad to see some Nor Cal farms featured recently!
- http://thegirlandthegoats.wordpress.com/ – a vet student, her goats, and other adventures. Very sweet blog.
- http://ourfriendben.wordpress.com/ – aka Poor Richard’s Almanac, another sweet blog about growing things and life in general.
- http://alewyfe.wordpress.com/ – making beer and growing things in Chicago, good stuff
- http://missapismellifera.com/ – beautiful beekeeping blog – check out the Rome post
- http://lifeatmennageriefarm.blogspot.com/ – a goatherd in Oregon
- http://ruralspin.com/ – great homesteady blog
Ok, that’s it. Again, please don’t feel left out if you aren’t on this list, keep on blogging!